Director Christopher Nolan, was born on July 30th, 1970 in London, England. He found his love for filming when he started doing short films on his father’s Super 8mm-camera. He went to University College London where he studied English Literature. There he joined UCL’s film society where he learned techniques that lead him to do his first film, Following (1998). His budget for Following was roughly $6,000 and it ended grossing $43,188. This film later gave Nolan enough credibility to get notable financing for his next film, which became Memento (2000). From there on, Nolan kept getting more credibility film after film.
Nolan’s career truly sky-rocketed when he got the opportunity of directing the Batman franchise. In fact, he is best known for the Batman films: Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), and The Dark Knight Rises (2012). Despite these Batman films being his greatest achievement, he stated that the only reason he agreed to do the films were to gain funding for his other films, especially Inception (2010).
Nolan is currently filming his latest film Interstellar (2014). It is a sci-fi film starring Matt Damon, Anne Hathaway, Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine.
- Christopher Nolan Had an IMAX Camera Installed on a Learjet for INTERSTELLAR (geektyrant.com)
- Batman 3; The Myths and The Legends (mrmovietimes.com)
- Christopher Nolan Installed an IMAX Camera on a Learjet for ‘Interstellar’ (slashfilm.com)
- The Essential Christopher Nolan Interviews (movies.answers.com)
- Doodlebug, Christopher Nolan’s First Short: What Came Before The Dark Night, Memento & Inception (1997) (openculture.com)
- Behind the Scenes: Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar (mattmulcahey.wordpress.com)